How to change MTU size in Windows 10
I was doing some troubleshooting and wanted to change the MTU size. Here are the easy steps I took to do it in Windows 10.
- Open a command prompt as administrator. (Hit Windows start button, type CMD, right click on command prompt and run as administrator)
- type the command : netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
- This should output your interfaces and current MTU size.
- Remember the interface name as you will need it to change the MTU size (For my example it is Ethernet).
- Type the following command and Substitute Ethernet for my interface name and a new MTU size of 1518.
- netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Ethernet” mtu=1518 store=persistent
This also worked for me when changing it on my Windows 7 PC.